With this solicitation, NIJ seeks proposals for rigorous research and evaluation projects that inform efforts to prevent and combat hate crimes and their effects. Though applications may cover a range of topics, NIJ is particularly interested in funding research to:
- understand and prevent hate crime offending and reoffending,
- identify strategies that improve the reporting, investigating, and prosecuting of hate crimes,
- address the needs of victims of hate crimes and their communities.
Applications will be submitted in a two-step process, each with its own deadline:
- Submit an SF-424 and an SF-LLL in Grants.gov.
Step 1, Grants.gov, Deadline: April 25, 2022, 11:59 pm Eastern
- Submit the full application including attachments in JustGrants.
Step 2, Application JustGrants, Deadline: May 9, 2022, 8:59 pm Eastern